Ofsted and Performance Data
What Ofsted said about Lydford Primary School
- Pupils make good progress and achieve well because they are taught well.
- Children receive a good start to their education within the Early Years Foundation Stage,
- Pupils engage well with their lessons and the good pace of the teaching gives them high levels of interest and engagement.
- There is a warm and welcoming atmosphere throughout the school. Pupils are friendly and polite. All ages mix together well, both around the school and in the playground.
- Pupils are extremely proud of their school and enjoy taking responsibility and contributing to the life of the school. Older pupils ‘look out’ for the younger ones and make sure they are included in games at playtime.
- The school’s work to keep pupils safe and secure is outstanding.
- Pupils are keen to represent the school and enjoy the additional activities that the school provides for them, such as the sports club and recorder club, and are eagerly anticipating the new clubs this term such as chess. These are all very popular and well attended.
- Pupils behave well, they participate enthusiastically in lessons and they are well looked after.
The Government has announced that it will not publish any school or college level educational performance data based on tests, assessments or exams for 2021 or 2020. Please see our 2019 results below.
Section divider type: wavesOpacity -- position: bottom